Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is looking for event and project submissions from local groups and organisations with the winning bids forming part of a season to celebrate the Park being fully open to the public.
The park is looking to develop strong connections with the local area and establish a legacy of community engagement and activity.
The Local Programme is looking to commission small to medium scale events (up to £10,000) and projects focusing on community engagement, arts and culture and high quality design.
QEOP are looking to commission projects from the following list:
- Community led and community oriented events for varied audiences
- Celebratory events (for Diwali and other faith and non-faith led events) and key moments throughout the year like Winter and Summer solstices, Guy Fawkes night, May Day etc.
- Outdoor performances in various locations from dance to theatre and music
- Participatory activities like bake-offs, outdoor chess/board games, storytelling, outdoor sing-a-longs
- An ‘historian in residence’ who can communicate the rich heritage of the Park to visitors
- A talks programme appealing to a wide range of audiences and covering varied topics
- Projects focusing on sustainability, the landscape and ecological and environmental issues
There are two opportunities to apply:
1. Applications open January 2015 for projects in Summer/Autumn 2015 (this round)
2. Applications open Summer 2015 for projects in Winter/Spring 2015/2016 (round 3)
The Local Programme has been created as a short term project and there are not expected to be more opportunities to apply for commissions after Summer 2015.
For more information and find out how to apply see the Queen Elizabeth Park website: queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk