Events at the Opportunity Hub
Formerly an underused Community Centre known as The Bell Club the Opportunity Hub was created to unite the local residential population to the opportunities associated with the fast-growing creative/tech industry cluster, thus seeking to manage change and ensure residents are able to benefit from economic growth.
The six objectives for the hub are:
- To act as an accessible public-facing hub for Hackney’s Ways into Work team, the job brokerage for local residents
- To provide training and development, and increase digital inclusion
- To collaborate between companies and residents on projects, hacks and initiatives
- To pilot locally focused events
- To inspire local people into careers in technology
- To revitalise and retain its use as a community space
The Opportunity Hub welcomes the use of its spaces for meetings, conferences, training and as communication environments to serve both visitors and the local community.
The hub has been set up to support local people and the local business community and as such, preferential hire rates will be offered to Hackney based SME’s and not-for-profit organisations.